Refuse & Recycling Collection
Maplewood provides free recycling services to single family, duplexes and multi-family units (12 or less). See what you can recycle!
Recycling fits into everyone’s lifestyle. Single stream recycling is very convenient and easy because all materials can be placed in the same container. If you would like to sign up for recycling services, please call Republic at 636-947-5959.
Please contact Republic Services at 636-947-5959 to request a 48 gallon, 65
Refuse collection to all single family residences, duplexes, and four family buildings
There are three ways to handle yard waste in Maplewood. Republic provides two types of yard waste subscription service. However, the most common removal method is the bag or tag program. Trash cans containing yard waste must have a yard waste tag attached.
Maplewood's Yard Waste Programs:
1. Yard waste tags can be purchased at a cost of $1.90 per tag at City Hall, the Maplewood Public Library and Scheidt True Value Hardware store located at 7320 Manchester. Yard waste bags w/ tags can be purchased at a cost of $2.40 per bag at City Hall. Yard waste tags can be placed on trash cans containing yard waste. Additionally, yard waste can be placed in thirty (30) gallon biodegradable paper bags with a yard waste tag. Yard waste in plastic bags or cardboard boxes will not be collected
2. A 9-month 95-gallon cart yard waste service for $9.82 per month. Please call Republic at (636) 947-5959 for questions about this service.
3. Unlimited annual yard waste service for $13.93 per month. Please call Republic at (636) 947-5959 for questions about service
Keep in mind:
- Yard waste must be in approved containers.
- Yard waste in plastic bags or cardboard boxes will not be collected.
- Yard waste is to remain separate from regular refuse/trash (in separate containers and tagged as described above) or it will not be collected.
Wednesday is collection day. Trash containers and bulky items are to be placed at the curb after 5:00 p.m. on Tuesdays. Containers must be removed by 12:00 midnight on Wednesdays.
If a holiday falls on a Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday, the collection day for the week is Thursday, instead of Wednesday.
Here is the schedule for 2017. Please note, not all holidays cause the schedule to change:
2017 Holiday Collection Schedule
MEMORIAL DAY –
picked up on Thursday, June 1st.
FOURTH OF JULY –
up on Thursday, July 6th.
LABOR DAY – Monday, September 4, 2017: Wednesday routes will be
picked up on Thursday, September 7th.
not be affected, pick-up schedule remains unchanged.
CHRISTMAS DAY –
be picked up on Thursday, December 28th.
Trash Container Requirements
- Standard manufactured trash containers are required.
- Containers may not exceed
35 galloncapacity and must have a secure, waterproof lid.
- Cardboard boxes and paper bags may not be used as trash containers.
- Containers must be stored at least 25 feet behind the front building line unless screened from view from the street.
If Republic missed your items for collection, call City Hall at 645-3600 and report the missed pick up as soon as possible.
You may also contact Republic directly at (636) 947-5959.
Trash Pick-up for Large Items
Please call Republic Services at (636) 947-5959 to schedule a pick-up for large items.