If you are a business owner and are considering a move to Maplewood, the Community Development Department can help you.
Find out more about Maplewood's Business Services or Resident Services and Information
Send an E-mail to Rachelle L'Ecuyer
The City of Maplewood Community Development Department Business Assistance:
- Business assistance including working with business owners to set-up a business, addressing on-going needs and public relations. This includes but is not limited to working through zoning issues, assisting with grants and tax credit programs and carving out a PR plan for an opening or promotion.
Maplewood Special Business District:
- Managing the Downtown Maplewood Special Business District (SBD) which includes: creating monthly SBD agendas and meeting packets for commissioners, business recruitment, budget development, branding, public relations, advertising, event development
planningand management. Managing professional consultants including a retail consultant, environmental/industrial designer, graphic designer and event coordinator.
plans,promotes and organizes the Maplewood City and Special Business District events including:Let Them Eat Art, Stringfest, Coffee Crawl, Street Food Tour, Small Business Saturday and Sweet Tooth Tour. Continually develops new events and initiatives to help make Maplewood a shopping, diningand entertainment destination and a great place to live.
- Editor of The Maple Leaf Newsletter.
- Editor/writer of the Maplewood Foodie Guide and Special Business District Brochure
- Manager of the City of Maplewood website and all social media.