Leaf Pick-up starts Monday, November 9 and ends December 31, 2015
As a free service to its citizens, the City of Maplewood provides curbside leaf vacuuming. During the months of November and December, residents may rake leaves to the tree lawn (between the sidewalk and curb) for vacuum removal by the Public Works Department.
Starting on Monday, November 9th, the City will vacuum leaves at the curb using the following tentative schedule (please have your leaves ready for pickup on the 1st day of your scheduled time):
- South of Manchester, west of Big Bend - Monday and Tuesday of the second full week of November
- North of Manchester, west of Big Bend - Wednesday, Thursday and Friday of the second full week of November
- North of Manchester, east of Big Bend - Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of the third full week of November
- South of Manchester, east of Big Bend - Thursday and Friday of the third full week of November
- South of Greenwood Blvd. - Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday of the fourth full week of November
Leaves not vacuumed on schedule will be vacuumed on Saturdays or during the second round.
Crews make a second pass through the entire city starting on the Monday after Thanksgiving.
Please rake your leaves to the tree lawn as soon as possible.
Crews will not vacuum leaves on rainy days because the wet leaves clog the machines. Also, the public works crew will not pick up leaf piles that are mixed with debris. These foreign objects damage the leaf machine.
Leaves will not be vacuumed after December 31. After that date, leaves must be bagged and marked with a Republic Services tag, and set out for the regular Wednesday collection. See below for more information about yard waste options.