- Exit your home as quickly as possible through the closest exit
- Drill with your family what to do in case of a fire
- In your home is where most fires occur
- The home is where most of your time is spent
- Home is your residence, whether it's an apartment or house
- Every family in the U.S. should practice exiting their home as quickly as possible through the nearest exit
- Parents should explain to their children that exiting their home as quickly as possible and not returning into the home is most important
- Develop a plan with a meeting point outside the home and drill this plan with your family
- Know that most fires occur within the home, and your home is where you spend the majority of your time. This is an important reason for practicing your plan!
- If your home has unusual problems, finding them before a fire occurs could prevent a tragedy
For additional information please contact the Maplewood Fire Department at 646-3666.