Est. 1908 Maplewood Missouri Shop Dine Bowl
homeemail pageprint pagerssrecycle
Est. 1908 Maplewood Missouri Shop Dine Bowl

Go To Search
Carbon Monoxide
Safety Tips
To avoid carbon monoxide poisoning in your home, read the following suggestions from the National Safety Council. Every time a fuel appliance is activated, CO is produced because carbon monoxide is a product of combustion.
  • Remember to keep fresh air circulating in your house. Open a vent or window to eliminate toxic fumes. All fuel-combustion appliances should be vented directly outdoors.
  • Have your heating systems checked each fall before cold weather arrives to make sure it's operating efficiently and that all vents, pipes, flues, and chimneys are unclogged and tight.
  • Have your stoves, fireplaces, and water heaters checked.
  • Don't close your fireplace damper until you're certain the fire is out. Have chimneys cleaned and inspected annually.
  • Never run your car engine in an enclosed area even with the garage door open.

Please install a carbon monoxide detector for the safety of you and your family.  For additional information on carbon monoxide please call the Maplewood Fire Department at 646-3666.

home        |        contact us        |        accessibility        |        site map        |        wind icon  windpowered        |        powered by CivicPlus        |        copyright notices