The 8th Annual Let Them Eat Art returns on Friday, July 12th, 2013 from 6 p.m. to 11 p.m.
Maplewood's whimsical tribute to Bastille Day is somewhere between Mardi Gras and the Christmas Tree walk. A self-guided tour through historic downtown Maplewood offering something for everyone.
NOTE: Artists, please contact Cultural Festivals
to apply for this event.
Here is what we are planning:
- Featuring the Night of a Thousand Cupcakes! Taking "Let them eat cake" to a new level, we will be giving away one thousand cupcakes. Some say the cupcake is dead, we say, "long live the cupcake!"
- Live demonstrations by regional artists and artisans
- Live music with headliner the Gene Dobbs Bradford Blues Experience and St. Louis favorite Gumbohead.
- Dream interpretation by Dream Seekers
- Belly Dancing by Exotic Rhythms
- Hoop Dance performances by the St. Louis Hoop Club
- Tarot Card Reading and Henna Painting at Mystic Valley, now in downtown Maplewood!
- Kids’ activities including: Mad Science, Impish Grin Face Painting, Claire the Clown, Top Spinning with Hi Tadah, TKO DJ’s and a fire shooting ice cream truck.
- A late night (after the kids are home in bed) show by the lovely Lola Van Ella!